Welcome to the San Juan 21 Association Web Site!
Check it out!
The results are in for the 2016 San Juan 21 North American Championship!
Congratulations to Bob Abelin (All Sails) and Hans Lassen (Working Sails) - your 2016 North American Champions! Click here for the complete results and check out all the event information on the Event Website and on the class association's Events page.
The 2016 San Juan 21 Eastern Championship!
The Osprey Yacht Club is located in Albemarle Plantation, Hertford, NC, a gated golf and marina community. The event will be held October 5-9, 2016. The race will be located on the beautiful Albemarle Sound in Northeastern NC. (between Edenton and Elizabeth City). The Albemarle Plantation is a premiere subdivision with championship golf course and full service marina, and other amenities.Click here for more information. Just posted - Sailing Instructions.
Midwest Regional Events
Click here for a 2016 list of major events in the Midwest region.
Gene Adams at the 2009 Western Nationals
Many of you know (or have heard) of Gene Adams. Gene is a long-time Fleet 1 member and, up until a couple of years ago, was a major parts dealer for SJ boats of all sizes. I started sailing about 8 or 9 years ago, hooked up with Gene at a regatta in Seattle, and have been crewing with him ever since, although we didn't get out much the last couple of years due to his health.
Gene passed away earlier this week (Tuesday April 19th) having battled lung issues (as well as other health issues) for a number of months. He was one of the kindest, most patient people I've ever known, and was a great friend to me and many others in the sailing community both here and across the country. He had great stories about his many sailing adventures with the fleet and all over Puget Sound (he had owned larger boats as well) and was always willing to express his views on sailing strategy, boat maintenance and rigging, etc. in a kind and helpful way. His smile and demeanor were highly infectious and his enthusiasm for sailing made a huge difference in my life.
All of us here in Seattle are saddened by his passing. I will miss him terribly.
- What's new in the forum? Check it out!
- SJ 21 Class Association Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
We are now posting the minutes of the regular Class Association Executive Committee meetings - check them out!
- 2014 Midwest Region Regattas
Live in the midwest? Be sure to check out these events with San Juan 21 participation in that part of the country!
- Constitution & By-Laws - New 2013 Versions
- Want to know what the other fleets have going on? Check out the Fleets page and click the calendar icon next to the fleet!
- Past National Events Results
- Results of the 2015 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2014 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2013 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2012 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2011 North American Championships.
- Results of the 2014 Eastern National Championships.
- Results of the 2015 Western National Championships.
- Results of the 2013 Western National Championships.
- Results of the 2011 Western National Championships.
San Juan 21 sailors are among the most active sailors in North America. Twenty-ones can be found on the rivers of the Midwest, on the lakes from Calgary, Alberta south to Texas, the coastal mountains, lakes, and shores of both the Pacific and Atlantic.
Three regions now make up the Association: West, Midwest, and East. Each represent well in Regional Championships held each year — and in the North American Championship which rotates through each region on a three year cycle and brings together San Juan 21 sailors from across the nation!
Thanks for finding us here on the internet. If you sail or own a San Juan 21 we want you to join us in the association. The Resources button above will take you to additonal web resources for our Class and related web pages!