San Juan 21 Mark III LAST ONE MADE

palmtreesteve
San Juan 21 Mark III LAST ONE MADE

Post by palmtreesteve » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:21 am

I am wanting to sell what is probably the LAST SJ 21 made. My father Shelby Freeman, and his buddy Larry Moore bought the SJ molds many years ago and made several Mark III's, in Edenton NC This SJ 21 is the Last One that he made. and he named it Last Juan. The Boat has a white hull and deck. The boat is in OK condition, needs some clean up and some barnacle residue removed, as MY dad, whom is now 97 left it in the water too long, I have water blasted most of the old growth off the hull but there is still some on the Keel. The biggest issue is the Trailer , Which was Galvanized, but much has rusted away. The cross members have all gone bad, and you will need to either get another trailer, or have this one fixed. YOUR CALL. Boat has a relative new Main, and perhaps jib. Dad was NOT much into competitive racing, He used the boat VERY LITTLE, and the boat has just sat in the back lot collecting whatever the weather offered. Same for when it was in the water in his marina. Can take pictures, but at the moment do not have any. I do not know the exact sail number but could also find this out. DO NOT know if he or Larry stamped a number on the back stay chain plate or chain plate base. So I will have to un-roll the Main to get a number. We CAN lift the boat off the trailer, for you to replace with new trailer, or rapair the old trailer. Have to borrow a Fork Truck from business across the street, but this is Dooable .
Asking $1,800.oo as is.

ADDITIONAL INFO: I have tried to find a boat number, and NO GO. Will have to ask my Dad if he knows. We have two main sails that he was using on the boat, but one is from my old boat. #1479 and a very good sail for my Dad's previous SJ 21 1083. This is in very mice condiciton for racing. He may have NEVER gotten new sails for the boat. ?? We also have several Jibs, one is in very good condition. as well as several older Jibs, Not sure about any 130's I think he sold his 130 with his previous boat. We have the old style Kick up rudder, companion way door, is the New Clear Lexan, and the fore deck hatch is smok colored Lexan, and not the original design fiberglass one. There is a motor mount. and he may have a small Johnson outboard as well. He wants to get rid of all the stuff. NOT sure about a wisker pole. I do see the "V" birth cushions, but do not see the 1/4 bunk cushions. Inside the boat is mostly OK some water has gottne in, but I think from open hatch, and not leaking much or at all thru the cabin top. NO splitting of the overhead anywhere. This is a basic stock JSJ, with no set up for all sails, or Jenny, or spinnaker. No winches, Just working jib tracks. original sheeting for the main, with the cleat in the floor. I may have a Stainless post that could be mounted in the floor , for the main sheet cleat.

I do see the Hull number but do not think this is the same as the sail #.

ADDED INFO 11-28-2916 After speaking with my Dad , he relates that he sold his other boat 1083, and for some reason he included the NEW SAIL for his Last boat. So afater looking at the boat serial number, he claims this is also the sail number. It looks like
the number is 2590. He felt this was the Last one they made. but I have no way to know. His business partner is now passed away, and Dad's recolection from years ago has gotten somewhat foggy, plus he is almost blind from Macular Degeneration. "wet type" vision 20 / 400 on eye 20 / 80 in the other. Email with Questions. Thanks for reading.

Email me with any questions to Sfreeman@ec.rr.com, you may also call me Stephen Freeman 252-725-3845. I can text you photos to your pohone or send them to an email, for larger images, ONCE I take some of the boat.

Thanks for any interest.

Stephen Freeman