Headsail Inventory Laminate Racing Sail and others

SJ21 Parts and Accessories For Sale
Oday23
Headsail Inventory Laminate Racing Sail and others

Post by Oday23 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:33 am

image.jpg
Full sail view
image.jpg (98.01KiB)Viewed 16663 times
Hey all thank you for involving me with your forum. Though I do not currently own a San Juan 21 I came across a very nice headsail inventory. Rather than swiftly posting to ebay or Craigslist I wanted to post them here where people who race and or own a San Juan 21 can have the opportunity to appreciate them. My wife and I own an O'Day 23 and are in search of a newish mainsail. PO forced a storm sail (9 oz) from a much larger boat onto ours. I don't mind it terribly and I'm certain that it will outlive us but in light airs it looks very droopy and simply doesn't perform well. The reason I stumbled across my San Juan headsail inventory is because O'Day's P and E are almost identical to the SJ21. O'Day 23 P = 23.42 E = 9.00 and I found someone advertising simply "sails SJ21" and found these unfortunately missing the mainsail. PO sold his SJ21 a year prior without including these and now simply wanted them to stop taking up space. All sails include sail bag.

These headsails are absolutely wonderful and I would love to keep them for my boat however the O'Day 23 is a masthead rig so that is a no go for us. Want proper fit, overlap, etc.

I'm offering these for sale or partial trade for a mainsail to a good home. The laminate is obviously the high dollar in demand item but all the others are very high quality Dacron (still moaning that I can't use them). Make a reasonable offer on all, some, or one and we'll work something out.

Knighton Sailmakers clear laminate in brand new condition:
Used maybe a handful of times. Brass hanks. Only thing I don't love is how it was stored. PO had it flaked like a Dacron. I've rolled it properly however the creases may remain over time. I think a sunny sail may help with the creases but they will most likely remain. My sailmaker indicated that it wouldn't cause any performance issues.
Comes with leech line and foot line velcro anchor at clew. Gorgeous cut and shape.
image.jpg
Knighton Logo
image.jpg (214.45KiB)Viewed 16663 times
image.jpg
Full sail view
image.jpg (98.01KiB)Viewed 16663 times
image.jpg
Foot
image.jpg (172.83KiB)Viewed 16663 times
I have a ton more pictures on request maximum is three per post. I will add some more in a reply. See below.

Luff: 22.9
Leech: 21.41
Foot: 13.62

Clark
Dacron good condition. Excellent Dacron fabric for construction, not the cheaper stuff. Hank On
Luff: 22 plus change (stainless wire luff) shape not taken into account
Leech: 20.41
Foot: 11.75

Ullman
Ripstop style Dacron excellent condition excellent cut
Luff: 18.91 Again plus change wire luff shape not taken into account
Leech: 16.91
Foot: 8.25

I still have one more sail to photograph and measure. Measurements are rough numbers measured from ring to ring straight line. Any questions and more pictures please contact me. Not asking a fortune but looking for a FAIR offer. Thanks for looking.

Dave
Last edited by Oday23 on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Oday23

Re: Headsail Inventory Laminate Racing Sail and others

Post by Oday23 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:47 am

These are some additional photos from the original post.

Clark
image.jpg
image.jpg (109.82KiB)Viewed 16661 times
Ullman
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.29KiB)Viewed 16661 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.69KiB)Viewed 16661 times

Frank

Re: Headsail Inventory Laminate Racing Sail and others

Post by Frank » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Are any of these sails still available?