Western

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
Krysia Ry
Western

Post by Krysia Ry » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Well it is getting close. Who the heck is coming? Me and my crew are heading down Tuesday afternoon form Nelson and plan to arrive on Wednesday. Get your boat on the road and head on down to Klamath!!
See ya there.
Bill

Krysia Ry

Re: Western

Post by Krysia Ry » Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Must admit I was surprised by those who did not attend. This was a GREAT event put on by an enthusiastic team led by Greg Collins. Locals spent all day preparing the wood fired pizza, which was almost an event on its own. My crew and I arrived early in the week and were able to race in the local Wednesday night race with sun and winds in the 20 knot range. What a great warm-up. Then some mountain biking at Moore Park, and more sailing Thursday afternoon. The competition on both Friday and Saturday was hot with good winds and a very tight pack rounding marks. Sadly, racing ended early on Saturday and we couldn't stick around for the pig roast and awards and headed home Saturday afternoon. Haven't seen the final marks as of this post, but congradualtions to Chris Lemke on his capture of the trophy.
HUGE THANKS TO GREG COLLINS AND THE WHOLE KYC CREW. Couldn't find a friendlier bunch of people to put on a sailing event.
Cheers
Bill (and Tim and Tim)