Need some good sails

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
gmbiery
Need some good sails

Post by gmbiery » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Hi All,

A buddy and I just got a SJ21 and are preparing it for the first big race - the Singlehanded Sailing Society's Three Bridge Fiasco on SF Bay at the end of January.

We need some decent racing sails in a jiffy if anybody has got some spares around.

The priority is a spinnaker since the boat didn't come with one. Then a genoa, followed by main, and perhaps a jib if it's in good shape.

You can reach me at: gmbiery at pacbell.net or nine one six, two zero one, four eight eight five.

Thanks.

George

Sculpin65

Re: Need some good sails

Post by Sculpin65 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:55 am

George,

I would ping Stephen@sjsailboats.com. It looks like he has a couple used SJ21 Spinnakers in his inventory one for $500 and one for $350.

Three Bridge Fiasco in a SJ21 sounds like a great adventure! Keep us posted on the progress for the race.

gmbiery

Post by gmbiery » Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:29 am

Yep. I hit up Stephen for some gear - happy to support a SJ 21 guru. His spinnaker isn’t class sized.

Come on racers! Who needs a new spinnaker next season?! Sell me your gently used kite for half price and use that money to buy a new one at half price! Win-win!

Gman377

Post by Gman377 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:42 pm

Hey Gm I actually have an original spinnaker that is in super good shape. I have never flown it and I don’t have a spinnaker pole. I guess I could use some more sailboat money! If you are interested get a hold of me at Gman377 at gmail.com