2012 Seattle NOOD is better than St. Pete

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
cklamp
Re: 2012 Seattle NOOD is better than St. Pete

Post by cklamp » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 am

Bill, moorage is provided, we all usually raft up near each other on the northernmost part of the marina.

Later
C
Fleet 1 Webmaster
http://www.sj21fleet1.org
http://www.sj21fleet1forums.org
SJ21 1974 MKI #897, Mizu

CandABrown

Post by CandABrown » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 pm

We all started together, but we did split into All Sails and Working Sails. We called this our Mid-Winter Championship so we provided our own trophies
for that. The NOODs still trophied the top three finishers. I hope Ya'll have as much fun as we did.
Carlton

Yjacket

Post by Yjacket » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 pm

Hey Bill---
The Nood is great. We put the boat in and they have dock space assigned to the 21's. Boat stays in the water. We have stayed right ion the boat as well. There are showers right there as well and they have them open early which is nice. It's just 100 yards or so to the beer and rum!!! We paid to park in the lot right next to the boat ramp "also 100 yards from the boat" so it was close.
We have a great time and the racing has been great too. Did I mention the beer and the rum. Fleet 1 guys and gals are great, they cooked for us right on the dock Thru. night last year, burgers and beer. Doesn't get much better than that. We plan on it again this year. See you there!!!
Wes

Krysia Ry

Post by Krysia Ry » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:08 am

Yabadabadoooo!!

Sparky

Re: 2012 Seattle NOOD is WAY better than St. Pete

Post by Sparky » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:00 pm

OK, so not only are we going to have more boats than the St. Pete NOOD, I can now guarantee that the weather and the party will be better too :P . I’m registered. Who else is coming? If you are, get registered so we can show the regatta organizers that we’re planning on taking over…

Sparky

San Juan Sailboats

Post by San Juan Sailboats » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:46 am

the one boat that was ahead of Kermit (twice) last year will be there. :D
Stephen Jensen

San Juan Sailboats
Stephen@SJSailboats.com

Capt. Woogy

Post by Capt. Woogy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:32 am

OK... Looks like it's finally time to step up, break out the plastic and let everyone in the NW sailing community know that the San Juan 21 class means business this year. Registration is finally up online at the regatta website http://www.sailingworld.com/nood-regattas/seattle and we already have (2) boats registered. I've heard back from (18) other skippers that have said they plan on attending so it's looking like it could be our best year yet. As we've done the last 3 years we'll have two divisions, main/jib/spinnaker and working sails, all starting and racing together as one group. This will be our NW District Championship again so we'll hand out our perpetual trophies for each division and providing we get more than (6) boats in each division I'm sure we can convince the race organizers to recognize each group as well. Just in case you weren't aware, there is a big wager between Fleet 29 and Fleet 1 to see who can go over the (20) boat mark first. Well, they had a respectable showing at the St.Petersburg NOOD with (15) boats but now it's time for those of us out west to show what we can do! (I'm already getting thirsty Carlton) ;)

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at Shilshole May 18-20. Yikes, that's only 6 weeks away.
Chris Popich
"Wooglin Juance Again" MK1 #986
Fleet 1 - Seattle

CandABrown

Post by CandABrown » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:50 am

American history tells us that people moved west with dreams of great expectations. The East Coast San Juaners are glad to see ya'll are still dreamin'.
Don't get thirsty too soon Chris.

Capt. Woogy

Post by Capt. Woogy » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:41 pm

OK Guys (and Mary)

I'm starting to get a little nervous here. Is this some sort of conspiracy that A & C have cooked up to get me sweating and thinking we won't get more boats than the St. Pete NOOD?

It's time to stop the procrastination, get it over with and sign up. We've got (9) on the list so far, but from what you guys have indicated we should go over (20) which will be awesome for our class. As other fleets start to finally sign up it would certainly open a lot of eyes if they look down the list and see (20) or more San Juan 21s on it!

Come on now, break out your credit card, click here and get registered, it's really quite painless.
http://www.sailingworld.com/nood-regattas/seattle

Fleet 1 is still planning on grilling down on the dock next to where we'll all be rafted. That'll be Thursday around 6:00 and we'll also have a soon-to-be collectors item to hand-out for all the registered skippers as well.

Hmmm Carlton? Syrah, Zinfandel or maybe even some of that M. G.Extra Old... ;)
Chris Popich
"Wooglin Juance Again" MK1 #986
Fleet 1 - Seattle

cklamp

Post by cklamp » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:58 pm

We're up to ten with charmed juan... where are all the idaho and montana people? Does anyone need boarding or place to park a trailer to help convince more to come?

Later
C
Fleet 1 Webmaster
http://www.sj21fleet1.org
http://www.sj21fleet1forums.org
SJ21 1974 MKI #897, Mizu