2012 Seattle NOOD is better than St. Pete

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
CandABrown
Re: 2012 Seattle NOOD is better than St. Pete

Post by CandABrown » Fri May 04, 2012 12:35 am

Fourteen San Juans with plenty of time to go, very impressive.
Do you remember Boone's Farm Chris.

Capt. Woogy

Post by Capt. Woogy » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

OK Guys,
It's starting to get down to the wire with under 2 weeks until the big regatta. We've got 14 signed up so far but I know there are more of you there. Thursday May 10th is the last day to get registered without late fees kicking in...
https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt ... ta_id=4701

Registration/Check-in is Thursday 5 -7:30 and again Friday morning at the CYC clubhouse. Don't forget to have all of your crew for the weekend sign the waiver before that.

Fleet 1 will welcome all the SJ21 sailors with a BBQ and beer down on the docks where we'll all be rafted up. That should kick off at 6:00.

Tides.... They don't look to bad for launching and retrieving.

Still looking for those Montana boys on the sign up list, and what about Nelson BC and a few more from Coos Bay too?

Any questions... let me know.
Chris Popich
"Wooglin Juance Again" MK1 #986
Fleet 1 - Seattle

Capt. Woogy

Post by Capt. Woogy » Sat May 12, 2012 1:56 am

Well it looks like the field is pretty well set for next week... 15 boats, which ties our best. (I know we'll get 20 one of these years). I guess will have to carry the bet over till next year Carlton. ;-) The Melges 24 group finally passed us with 18, the J-24s tied us with 15 and the T-birds are at 11, so we're right in there with the big boys.

Here's what's looking to be a very tough class.
Working sails... Mike Dukes, Paul Von Stubbe and Jim Altice - Fleet 1, Wes Vaughn and Tim Lynch - Fleet 52 and Sean Randle - Fleet 43.
Spinnaker... National Commodore Bob Abelin - Fleet 5, Marc VanderSchalie and Pat Merriman - Lake Chelan, Rob Anderson - Moscow Idaho (chartering with Christian Lamp - Fleet 1), Elliott Crowder - Newport Oregon and Stephen Jensen, Jim Miller, Scott Laroy and myself from Fleet 1.
Hopefully they'll find one of these skippers worthy of a trip down to the BVIs.

From what I'm seeing it looks like the weather is going to cooperate too. A little cooler with a chance of showers mid-week, then the same pattern we've been having with sun on the weekend and hopefully some wind too.

We're all set for dogs-n-beer on Thursday around 6:00 at the docks. Make sure to keep Marc's glass full with some of that tasty Elysian Micro-Brew, and top off Rob's while you're at it. :-)
Chris Popich
"Wooglin Juance Again" MK1 #986
Fleet 1 - Seattle