Mk II Hull 1845

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
Krysia Ry
Mk II Hull 1845

Post by Krysia Ry » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:37 am

This hull was just purchased by me and a friend Bruce Miller. She has spent most of her life on Osoyoos Lake and should be a great addition to Kootenay Lake. While most of her is in great shape, her core is completely gone. She also has some compression at the bottom of the mast compression post and has cracked the fibreglass. The project starting soon will be cutting out the cabin top and replacing most, if not all, of the balsa. Her working sails are original and in amazingly good shape. She also has a spare non-class main with a big roach, and a North Spinnaker in like new condition. She still has stainless to rope halyards and someone installed an over-hatch organiser. Single backstay and original motor mount. With a trailer for 500 bucks, she'll take some engine grease but should be a nice boat. Will also need a new keel gasket. One way to get a fleet going is to start buying all the boats you can. Guess I'll need to find other people to sail them.
Can't have too many boats ( or guitars, or skis, or.....)
Bill

Krysia Ry

Re: Mk II Hull 1845

Post by Krysia Ry » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:31 am

Holy %#@@%^% times goes by fast. I have just flipped the boat back onto her bottom after recording the deck and transom, cut out the V-berth and reinstalled it to stiffen the hull and fixed gouges in the keel. Right now painting the keel in my shop, boring out all through deck holes and filling with epoxy to re-drill, and finally putting hardware back on. Had her ready to bottom paint this fall but weather blew that plan. Hope to have her race ready for Next summer in Alberta. I'll have to manipulate some photos to fit them on the site.
Bill

kuriti

Re: Mk II Hull 1845

Post by kuriti » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:55 am

Definitely like photos, especially of the v berth part. How did you do the transom, I think I did mine the hard way, curious how yours went.