SJ 21 NA's 2013 NOR Update Nov 2012

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
RLDommel
SJ 21 NA's 2013 NOR Update Nov 2012

Post by RLDommel » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:16 am

Plans for a great North Americans are continuing to be developed and refined. The Columbia Sailing Club is excited about hosting our event and is committed to make the event a memorable one for you and your crew.

The PRO for the event is US Sailing National Race Officer Hal Smith who will command an experienced group of volunteers who pride themselves in conducting fair and error free races. As is done in major regattas, Hal will be communicating freely with the competitors utilizing RRS 41(c) [Outside Help: "help in the form of information freely available to all boats;"]. Therefore, if you don't have a VHF radio on board, you will be missing out on a lot of helpful info. So, if you don't have a handheld VHF, you need to add one to your list to Santa Claus. Also, you need to tell Santa the VHF is a valuable safety instrument whether you are racing or out for an evening sail.

When you check the NOR, you will see two additional contributors to the event. They will be adding to the door prizes, awards, etc. that will be handed out during the event. Please remember them.....

We now have two maybe three "Working Sail" configured competitive boats available for charter. Sean and Jessica Randle (2012 NA's WS Champs held at Huntington Lake, CA) are first in line for a charter.

As of now the NA Organizing Committee is planning on certain number of boats participating. However, it would help refine our planning if you would send me an E-mail indicating your intentions at: RLDommel@AOL.com.

Congratulations to Fisk Hayden and Juan crew Aggie and Carlton Brown on their fourth place finish at the Sperry Topsider Sunsail NOOD Championships in the BVI's this month. I am sure they will be more than willing to give us more details at the NA's.

The updated Preliminary NOR is at:

http://sj21class.org/pdf/SJ21NA_2013_NO ... Update.pdf

Happy Thanksgiving!

Regatta Organizer Chairman Dick Dommel

kuriti

Re: SJ 21 NA's 2013 NOR Update Nov 2012

Post by kuriti » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am

How many plan to attend as of now? I may make this my racing debut. :shock: