Additional Housing Options for SJ 21 NA's

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
RLDommel
Additional Housing Options for SJ 21 NA's

Post by RLDommel » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:02 pm

LuAnn Parins has passed on some research I was unaware of about some alternative housing for the NA's.

Hi, Admiral,
I want to let you know about [ www.VRBO.com ] It stands for “Vacation Rentals by Owner”. Clare found a number of houses available within about 10 minutes of the CSC. She has one reserved for (at least some of) the New Bern crowd. Most of the places are big - at least two and sometimes 4 bedrooms, so they are suitable for either a family or a group. Also, the places I looked at are on the water and have fully functioning kitchens, etc. These are NICE places! One enters the web site with zip code or area of interest and gets a list of properties. The web site has pictures, rates and a calendar of available dates for each property, and contact info for the owners. One deals directly with the owner of the property.

If anybody wants more of a “vacation” feel or is bringing their families they may like the option of a house instead of a motel room.

Please pass this info on to anybody on your list that may be interested.

We are planning on the LNYC “Mid Winters”, so I hope to see you next month.

Regards,

LuAnn

Thank you LuAnn.

For quick access on the web site to the Lake Murray area:

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/us ... ake-murray

If you are interested I would suggest using MapQuest to check on the length of the commute to the sail club. Homes on the south side of the lake, especially above the Batesburg-Leesville town, could result in a commute time of up to 30 minutes.

The LNYC Keelboat & SJ 21 Mid Winters is scheduled for 16, 17 March and the NOR is available.

Hope you all had a great "Valentine!"

Cheers, (\ <----- SJ 21 "White Knuckles" (\_ (\_ (\_
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Admiral (Dick Dommel) Home: 803.438.1993 Cell: 803.414.4300