Welcome to the General Forum

Everything related to San Juan 21 and the Class Association
TomD
Welcome to the General Forum

Post by TomD » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:23 pm

This is the first post in on the SJ21 Class Association Forum. I look forward to many discussions about our fine sailboats.

Capt. Woogy

Re: Welcome to the General Forum

Post by Capt. Woogy » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 am

Kris and Tom.... good job, keep up the good work.
Chris Popich
"Wooglin Juance Again" MK1 #986
Fleet 1 - Seattle

cklamp

Post by cklamp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:27 pm

What Chris said... Keep up the good work... This should make communication much quicker and easier for the entire SJ21 community.

Thanks
Christian
Fleet 1 Webmaster
http://www.sj21fleet1.org
http://www.sj21fleet1forums.org
SJ21 1974 MKI #897, Mizu

bluepearl

Post by bluepearl » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks for getting this setup guys! Lets start the discussion.
Bob Abelin - National Commodore
#714 Blue Pearl MK 1

Jon Richards

Post by Jon Richards » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:15 pm

Kris and Tom
I'd like to add in my thanks. (With your help, Kris, I'm on!) This is a great tool to have; very good of you guys to get it put together! Jon
Jon

TomD

Post by TomD » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the kind words. Its a pleasure to work with everyone involved.

This morning I opened up the forum and saw 5 new updates and several new users. We are up to 40 people registered and many more guests reading posts. Simply awesome! I am looking forward to a lot more growth and great posts!

mkooman

Post by mkooman » Sun May 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi Tom: Thank you for your invite to this forum. Is this intended replace Jim Hubbard's website? It makes sense to keep all of the SJ21 stuff in the same place. I wish you well. Marty Kooman

TomD

Post by TomD » Mon May 09, 2011 1:48 am

mkooman wrote:Hi Tom: Thank you for your invite to this forum. Is this intended replace Jim Hubbard's website? It makes sense to keep all of the SJ21 stuff in the same place. I wish you well. Marty Kooman
First off what I am saying now is only my opinion. I do not speak for the class association. I am only a member of the class, I do not hold an officer position. My participation in the site is purely voluntary.

No, this site is not intended to replace Jim Hubbard's site. This forum is meant to help promote the class association by fostering communication of its members, potential future members, SJ21 owners, and others interested in our great boats. Today's boat owners are Internet savvy and want to be able to communicate in real time with text, photos and video. I lobbied for and then volunteered to help build and maintain this forum because I believed that San Juan 21 owners like myself needed this type of communications tool if we were to remain an active class.

Jim deserves a lot of respect for the years of work he put into his site and the contributions he has made to the San Juan 21 community. His bulletin board and our forum do not need to be viewed as competition. Instead I view them as options for SJ21 owners. Folks will choose the site that suits them best or perhaps both. As far as keeping all the information in one place. I don't think that exists now. Do a Google search and you will see that there is great SJ21 info all over the Internet. There are personal sites, forums, fleet sites, the national site. That's the nature of the Internet.