Lake Chelan Regatta

Race Reports, Notice of Race, and Rules Discussions
Krysia Ry
Lake Chelan Regatta

Post by Krysia Ry » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:34 pm

The regatta was a lot of fun, light winds and hot desert temperatures around 93 to 98 farenheit. Many boats were out in 4 classes, Multis, Flying Scott's, open dinghy, and then keel boats. Chris Popich handily took 1st in the Sj's with Mike Dukes in second. Thankfully, Marc Van Der Schallie was on a Hunter 140 or I wouldn't even have taken third. I did think that with all those Sj's out in Washington that there would be more at the race. Many thanks for the tuning tips from Chris ( and Chris), Mike, and Marc. Big thanks to Russ and Debbie Jones for their hard work and hospitality.
Bill

Sparky

Re: Lake Chelan Regatta

Post by Sparky » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Hey Bill,

Great to have you at our lake. Yes, I agree, next year it would be good to get 8 or 10 SJ21's at the regatta. Maybe we could designate it as the WA state champs to see if we can get the west siders together with the eastern WA boats.

Hey, don't forget your rudder! Although, after struggling to carrying it up the dock (must weigh 60 lbs) and seeing all the blisters on it, you'd be twice as fast if you had forgetten it and just sailed with a paddle as a rudder... :). Let me know if you want some suggestions on finding or building a new rudder. That would be my number one speed tip for you.

Hopefully you and your guitar will return next year. (with a better rudder :)

Marc Vander Schalie
Kermit 1033