Mount Dora (FL) Regatta 2011 - Post Race Pics

Race Reports, Notice of Race, and Rules Discussions
TomD
Mount Dora (FL) Regatta 2011 - Post Race Pics

Post by TomD » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:14 am

SJ21 Sailors from Lake Monroe Sailing Association and Fleet 29 gathered at Lake Dora in Mount Dora FL for a weekend of racing. We had 5 boats show up to play. The weather was beautiful but the wind was fluky. Some times it was 8 - 10 then it was light then calm and it was frequently shifting directions. Frustrating for a rookie like me but fun was had by all. Congrats to Randy sailing on Pivot for a hard fought win over Kyle on Old Yeller. Carlton and Aggie on Just Us were in the mix up front all weekend long too. That was my first time sailing Mount Dora and exploring the downtown area. I can't believe I haven't gone over there before. Its a great place. In fact its a slightly shorter drive from my house than Lake Monroe :shock: Luckily the winds and the people on Lake Monroe are consistent and fun ;)

Gilbert Park Waterfront

Public Parking!

Mount Dora Yacht Club Member with a blow knee. He told me he couldn't race his big boat so he had taken to building and sailing models to stay busy.

Rigging before the race

Harbor Shots

Blackjack

Pivot

Just Us

Old Yeller

El Gato

Sailing Pics

And my crew. Thanks guys!

Me. Staying out of the sun......

TomD

Re: Mount Dora (FL) Regatta 2011 - Post Race Pics

Post by TomD » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:03 pm

Mount Dora Yacht Club has put their photos online. There are some great San Juan 21 shots in there!!!!!

http://web.me.com/whywaite/Mount_Dora_Y ... _2011.html