Gunkholin' on Falls Lake

Cruising Reports, Trip Discussions, and Tales From Far Away Places
kuriti
Gunkholin' on Falls Lake

Post by kuriti » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:17 pm

I am mid-refit but the mild weather in the carolinas has been killing me and i wanted to get the boat out. the wife went to Orlando this weekend to run a half-marathon (?!) so it was just me and the boy left. I just finished drill/refilling of all the deck through holes but have not re-set the hardware, so it was nice and tight. I didn't even take the mast/sails, just the 4 hp yamaha. we put in at the falls lake ramps. Falls lake, like so many carolina lakes, is really just a dam(n)ed river. It was perfect for us though because the wind was howling 17-24kts all day with temps in the low 50s. The river allowed for some wind breaks so we bundled up and made way. ate lunch on a sheltered bend, then found a hole for the night. I put out some jug lines in hopes of catfish, but no luck. it was frikin' cold last night, well below freezing. This run was a good time to test living quarters and help me plan for electrical. definitely going to run a volume control to the inside of the lazarette so i can adjust the music as needed; it's the little things that make the difference. She performed quite well as a barge despite the strange looks from all the bass boaters. I got compliments from two different landlubbers though who you could tell were envious of being on the water. I was very happy with sleeping space on the boat, better than i had imagined it would be.

it was flat calm this morning as we came back, the pics are from then, hence the glass water.

Here are some pics:
DSC05751.JPG
DSC05751.JPG (42.66KiB)Viewed 15233 times
DSC05718.JPG
DSC05718.JPG (42.54KiB)Viewed 15233 times
DSC05703.JPG
DSC05703.JPG (46.63KiB)Viewed 15233 times

cklamp

Re: Gunkholin' on Falls Lake

Post by cklamp » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:18 pm

Sweet sj21 power boat:)

Later