Final Cost Running/Standing Rigging

Tips, Tricks, and Secrets to rigging a San Juan 21
kuriti
Final Cost Running/Standing Rigging

Post by kuriti » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:00 pm

Well, Merry Christmas to me! My standing rigging arrived yesterday from the guys at Rigging Only. I was very impressed with this company. I sent my old rigging into them with a note and they called me to give me a quote and assure they understood what I wanted to do. Everything but the backstay was duplicate, but i want to switch to a 4:1 adjustable in the back, so they shortened it a bit and put a toggle at the bottom. I got all the running rigging on ebay from the dealers Diarmuid recommended.

I promised I would share the details so people could get an idea of costs. I didn't get a perfectly itemized reciept for the standing rigging, so I am just re-posting my spreadsheets based on what I originally put together from their website. my estimate was $362 w/o tax, they charged me $370 with tax. The running rigging data are accurate. Here are the breakdowns:
rigging est.jpg
rigging est.jpg (71.73KiB)Viewed 8535 times
running rig.jpg
running rig.jpg (64.67KiB)Viewed 8535 times
All told the cost was about $552. Not terribly expensive when you consider the most expensive piece should last a solid 15 years. Now I have to buy blocks, battery, speaker, cushions,........

Finally, I wouldn't mind some feedback on what I am thinking about for the name of my boat. I am a Grateful Dead fan and wanted to incorporate a lyric/song in the name. Here is what I came up with:
Slide1.JPG
Slide1.JPG (21.82KiB)Viewed 8535 times
Merry Christmas Everyone!

Kuriti