Introducing ASAP

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
krsail
Introducing ASAP

Post by krsail » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:18 am

Hi, I am new to the forum and would like to introduce ASAP.

I bought ASAP in Edmonton, Alberta, the spring of 2013 and currently sail her out of Glenmore Sailing Club in Calgary Alberta.
ASAP may have had a different name(s) in the past. I can see some reminiscence of some wording on her transom under "ASAP". In the spring of 2014, I will carry out a proper boat naming ceremony - just to be sure all is in order for the 2014 season... ;)

Our 2013 results from the Wednesday Night Racing series can be found here: http://www.glenmoresailingclub.com/Defa ... ummarysj21
ASAP is in Fleet 28, though it seems we need to re-vitalize the organization here. We have an excellent fleet of SJ21's, with 25 registered club racing and a few recreational non-club member boats. ASAP is looking forward to joining the SJ21 Association (we have already contacted the folks).

ASAP's hull number is: CLKE-2152-M-79A. Which to my understanding means the following:
CLKE: Clark Boat Manufacturer, "E" was assigned to most boats after a certain year, so not sure if there is anything special about that.
2152: Sail number. Unfortunately, when I bought her, she had a mix of different sail numbers. My apologies if someone finds that I was using there number while racing last year at GSC. You can see our results under sail number 810. We will get new sails for the 2014 season.
M: Seems to be a standard after a certain year, maybe it means Manufactured... as the date follows.
79A: DOB for 2152, August 1979

ASAP has a Florida registration sticker: FL-4204-HK and I will remove it this winter. But it is neat to see this boat has traveled the continent from one owner to the next over the past 34 years.

ASAP will have a 'regular' crew for 2014, and is looking fwd to attending the 2014 NA's in Oak Harbor. We are rallying some other boats in Fleet 28, to come with us. So far it looks like there are 6 interested SJ21. We will know more in early 2014 who will attend.

I am the Commodore of GSC for 2013, and a lot of our club energy comes from the SJ21 sailors. They make up a large portion of our membership, and I am happy to be apart of both.

This website and forum is full of excellent information, and I look fwd to sharing information with you all, as I have benefitted from all the online resources.

Attached is a photo of ASAP.
Attachments
ASAP at Dock_sm.jpg
ASAP at Dock after WNR racing
ASAP at Dock_sm.jpg (18.56KiB)Viewed 11160 times

Krysia Ry

Re: Introducing ASAP

Post by Krysia Ry » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:36 am

You Alberta boys need to come west for a sail on Kootenay Lake. Welcome to the club.
Bill
Nelson BC

krsail

Re: Introducing ASAP

Post by krsail » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:40 am

Krysia Ry wrote:You Alberta boys need to come west for a sail on Kootenay Lake. Welcome to the club.
Bill
Nelson BC
We would be happy to. Please send us the link/schedule so I can pass it around on my end.
Cheers
Kian