Hello from Bloomington, IN!

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
indyraven
Hello from Bloomington, IN!

Post by indyraven » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:38 am

Hi all! I am the new owner of boat 1950. Currently powering through 4 years of neglect but when she's done she'll be a fun boat! Hope to find other owners in the area :D

RandyandAmy

Re: Hello from Bloomington, IN!

Post by RandyandAmy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:17 pm

We are new to sailing, bought #2184 back in September and sail on Eagle Creek

indyraven

Post by indyraven » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:24 pm

Hi there!!!! Nice to see someone else from Indy.

kuriti

Post by kuriti » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Let us know how we can help if you need any info.

cheers

RandyandAmy

Post by RandyandAmy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. We have power boated for years, so the sailing is presenting a learning curve. We really enjoyed it in the few months we had before winter. Had 1 short sailing lesson, the rest we have been trying to learn as much as possible from sailing web sites and forums. Very glad to have come across this one. We hope to add a jib down haul to our boat before spring, and an anchor light up on the mast. Any help and education is greatly appreciated.

kuriti

Post by kuriti » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm

A jib downhaul is a great addition, particularly when you need to get it down in a hurry. I have never put a mast light on since it isn't required for our size boat. It seems like it is doomed to getting smashed while raising/lowering the mast. Also, That is one less large hole in the deck. I use an LED lantern for an anchor light pulled up the jib halyard when I anchor out.