I'm back and SO excited!

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
Tom Brake
I'm back and SO excited!

Post by Tom Brake » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:41 am

Well... I recently, this week bought SJ21 #1199. I'm bringing her home to Wilmington,NC next weekend!!!! I grew up in New Bern loving these boats and sailing with my Dad. The Clarks were great people. My boat is going to need a little work but overall is in great shape. I'm looking forward to some racing as well as some Coastal cruising with my beautiful bride. I also have a Thistle that we have been restoring and racing a little but at 49 I'm not as nimble as I once was but I'm as hard headed as I ever was so go figure. My sons and step sons love it and Wendy is learning to love it really fast. We are joining the Lake Waccamaw Sailing Club. It looks like Blackbeards still has a pretty active fleet still. Anytime there is a race series or regatta please feel free to hit me up! I feel like I'm home again!

kuriti

Re: I'm back and SO excited!

Post by kuriti » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Welcome back. I am in Cary NC and get to the coast as often as I can. Where did you find the boat? I saw one on Craigslist last week and meant to post it here. Was it that one or a different one? Hope to see you on the water.