New Ass'n page user

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
susanlorenzen
New Ass'n page user

Post by susanlorenzen » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:06 am

Hi everyone. I'm over in Sequim near John Wayne Marina. In June 2011 my husband died. My 13 year old son had been sailing with he Sequim Bay Yacht club juniors and really wanted a boat so in August 2011 we found "Zingara". She is a 1976 MarkII, sail number 1648. We have sailed for four seasons on Sequim Bay and I really want to get good at sailing so I have taken sailing lessons with Seattle Sailing Club. Generally we put Zingara in the water in April or May at the marina and take her back out again in Oct/Nov. I have never taken Zingara out sailing alone because I have a terrible time with motors. I can do a lot of things, but starting small boat motors (and, might I ad, weed eater motors) is not one of them and the times I've gone to the marina with the thought of "this time I'll make it work", it hasn't.

This summer my son went traveling in Europe and Zingara will not see the water even once. Next year isn't looking too good either. So - I'm sorry to say that I will likely be selling Zingara. I would rather keep sailing her, but reality is that she is in the back yard right now. I'm ambivalent. We have some nice memories with Zingara. I guess I'm looking for someone to either encourage me to keep her and give it another try, or I'm looking for a buyer. If I keep her, I would like to have her rigged for single-handed sailing AND I would remove the bothersome traveler in the cockpit - the traveler really is annoying and prevents freedom of movement in a space that is not oversized.

That's my story. I've wanted to go to the 3rd Thursday meetings for a long time but it hasn't happened yet. Any trip to Seattle is a minimum 8 hour trip and I just haven't gotten to a meeting yet.

Thanks for listening! Nice to be associated with all of you.

Susan Lorenzen.

cklamp

Re: New Ass'n page user

Post by cklamp » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Susan sometimes Fleet 1 makes it over to the Bremerton area. Usually Once in the fall though I can't recall if we are this year or not. If we do, you should definitely stop by. RE: the meetings, it might be more beneficial\fun\time better spent for you to come out to one of our Saturday races and volunteer to crew:) You wouldn't have to bring your boat, so could travel a little faster, and at least hang out with some of the Fleet 1 member's to decide if it's worth that time:)

We really do have a good group of people and would love to see you around. We have a few members that hardly show up to any races, but occasionally, once or twice a year, come out to some of the more relaxed, casual, and\or fun Regattas, so maybe that's an option for you as well.

later
C
Fleet 1 Webmaster
http://www.sj21fleet1.org
http://www.sj21fleet1forums.org
SJ21 1974 MKI #897, Mizu