Greetings from South Mississippi

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
Condre
Greetings from South Mississippi

Post by Condre » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:21 am

I live near the gulf coast and recently bought a MK II as a part of my bucket list. I would like to link up with another owner in this area for assistance. I bought it after concluding that it was about the largest boat I could safely tow with a Dodge grand caravan. I had never visited this forum, and now that I have I feel like I'm in way over my head. My previous sailing experience was sailing a cat boat in Pensacola Bay in the late fifties.

Tom Conn
859 351 3829

kuriti

Re: Greetings from South Mississippi

Post by kuriti » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:59 pm

I had done a lot of dingy sailing and hobie cats before I bought my SJ21 and most of that was years before. I remember the first day I took the family out about 3 years ago, I was terrified and felt totally unqualified. Flash forward: this year I sailed from Ocracoke on the outer banks 40 miles back to Oriental in sustained winds of 25mph with gusts into the 30s with confidence. Spend the time to make it safe first, then make it pretty once you have learned how to sail it. You will have a better idea of what you want to do and can cover the scars more easily. You can do it!