Hull # 396 Hello!

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
JHubb
Hull # 396 Hello!

Post by JHubb » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:52 pm

We just picked up Quest Hull # 396
Our Dream has been to sail off into retirement but wee hadn't done anything towards that dream.
Then I came across Quest at an incredible price and we jumped in with both feet.
We live west of Frederick MD, so i see the Chesapeake in our future.
In the time is has taken for the estate to get all the paperwork in order, we Joined the Sailing Club of Washington, SCoW and signed up for there "Learn to Sail " class.
We will coming out to race nights, when they start up again.
We dont really plan on racing, but i figure its a great way to learn sailing, and who knows, we may love it.
I'm going to start going through her today and figuring out what we have and what we need.
We have so many questions and I will be posting here a lot!

Gman377

Re: Hull # 396 Hello!

Post by Gman377 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:34 pm

Hello and welcome! I think you’re going to fall in love with these SJs. There is a bunch of info on them here in these posts. I was able to restore one just from fiddling through all the past write-ups. There are still a few of us active here so hopefully we can help. When I first brought home two of these SJs my wife thought I was crazy but after restoring one out of two she has fell in love with sailing and now we are looking to keep sailing into our retirement years. Good luck and I would love to see some pictures of her!

kuriti

Post by kuriti » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Welcome Aboard. Congrats and ask away.

kingtoros

Post by kingtoros » Wed May 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Welcome! This is a great group of folks ready and willing to help.

sailsquareboats

Post by sailsquareboats » Sun May 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Welcome!

Another Ches Bay SJ sailor! Great news!

We sail #1264 mostly out of Rock Hall or Kent Island. Hope to see you out there one day.

Pete