Greetings

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
San Juan Sailboats
Greetings

Post by San Juan Sailboats » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:41 am

Hey Everyjuan,

I would like to let you know that Gene Adams of Port Gardner Sailboats is retiring after many years of providing parts and services for San Juan Sailboats.
I am also excited to let you know that I will be taking over the business.
I have known Gene for the last 10 years and I have had the privilege of sailing with him and against him in racing and cruising.
I have been working with Gene for the last several weeks learning the business and will continue for another month or two before the business transfers over to me. Gene will still be involved ensuring I deliver the proper parts.

A little bit about me, I am 56 years old, married with two children (16 & 20). I work at the Boeing Co. assembling the 777 Wings. I have been a mechanic starting at age 13 in a bicycle shop before moving on to motorcycles. In all of these jobs I have enjoyed the challenge of designing and fabricating parts and assemblies for the race bikes and special projects in the Boeing Co. I also enjoy working on sailboats, be it a SJ-21, or one of he larger boats I have chartered for our summer cruises.
I came back to sailing in 1996 with a C-Lark before purchasing my SJ-21 in 2000. I started racing in 2001 and have been hooked ever since. I have been Fleet 1’s vice president, President, Race Chairman (for the last 6 years) and now the Treasure. I also did a term as the National Assn. Commodore. I get my big boat fix crewing on a J-30.
For now, Gene is still the boss and it is business as usual. When the change is made you will hear about it here.
I look forward to meeting some of you and keeping the San Juan sailboats afloat for many years to come.

Stephen Jensen
Stephen Jensen

San Juan Sailboats
Stephen@SJSailboats.com

Krysia Ry

Re: Greetings

Post by Krysia Ry » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:10 pm

Well done Stephen. Looking forward to meeting you.
Congratulations.
Bill

JimW

Re: Greetings

Post by JimW » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:52 am

Best of luck Gene! Support from PGS is one of the reasons I felt comfortable buying my great old boat.

Stephen: I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Jim W.
former 1979 mkII #2263 "Gabriola"

branin

Re: Thank you Gene and Stephen

Post by branin » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Gene, thank you for your help over the years with outfitting my 21. And Stephen, thank you for continuing a very valuable resource to our fleet. Best of luck.

Branin thorn
NO QUARTER 2361