My little cruiser

After you've registered, add a post here telling others a bit about yourself and your boat.
pennwolf
My little cruiser

Post by pennwolf » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:01 am

So I ended up being givin a 1976 SanJuan MKII about three years ago. took a year to do some quick repairs due to money troubles. As for sail # I have no clue, not one set of numbers seem to match on this boat, like she was pieced together. All I know is she sat for ten years previouse to me getting her and she used to be a NJ boat, definatly a old racer (i figure from the extra winches and sliders on the cockpit gunnels. Her name now is Lil' Miss Blackjack, I repainted her in a hurry from all white to red, white, blue.Rebuilt the cabin devider, and rigged her with a depthfinder,vhf radio, twin hull drains( one fore amidship for under the forward bunk, the other aft amidship for the cabin) led running and anchor lights.Been having a problem with her taking on water (NOT FROM THE DRAINS) can't figure out were, just seems like a slow seepage. Any one know is this normal?So I had her down in elkton md last summer, so this year I plan on gutting her and totally restor and update her,new marine paint inside and out,make her a true onehanded ship, new interior cabinets, make her into a minnie blue water cruiserand basically get her ready for a long trip to the bahamas, the caribbean in 2014 or 2015 (this trip is why I hurried her together for before, but devorce and illness got in the way). This is my first actual sailboat ( I grew up going to lewis delaware most of my younger years, I've been around boats most of my life).I think I got a pretty good deal on her since she came with most all her gear ( battoned main,a jib and a genoa,spinaker and wisker pole,furrling jib kit installed, adjustable back stay), original trailer in good shape, original interior. I also wondered did the MKII come with a full starboard devider wall to the mast support, all the ones I've seen are open behind the head, but mine wasn't. So any help would be appriciated. Who knows maybe I'll endup sailing this little lady around the world instead of getting a 28' or 32' SanJuan latter.
Attachments
197681_139235439547058_1987609342_n.jpg
summer 2012 in elkton,md
197681_139235439547058_1987609342_n.jpg (38.06KiB)Viewed 9790 times